Dropping a course?
1) For a Term Y course, the last date to drop without receiving a grade is Friday, February 6th. For a W term course, the last date to drop without receiving a grade is Friday, March 6th. You can drop a course before these deadlines online through Registration and Enrolment system.
When is reading week?
2) Reading Week is scheduled for February 14th-20th and there will be no classes during this week. Please note, the University is closed on Monday, February 16th for Family Day. During Reading Week or throughout the winter term you might want to take advantage of the workshops offered through the Learning Skills Services. You can visit their website at: http://lss.info.yorku.ca/workshops/
Am I on the right track?
3) To ensure that you are on the right track with course selection, you can view your degree progress through the Degree Progress Report (DPR). It is currently available for all single major programs. This will help you better understand your requirements and help you plan your timetable for Summer and beyond. To login to your DPR , you can visit the website at: http://www.yorku.ca/roweb/mydegreeprogress/index.php
Tips to help you plan your summer term
1) If you are planning on taking courses this summer, the earliest summer session begins Monday, May 4th. The summer course timetable will be released mid-February, with enrolment dates for Summer session released shortly afterwards. You can familiarize yourself with the Summer term dates by visiting the following link. http://www.registrar.yorku.ca/enrol/dates/su15.htm
2) You can find out when you are eligible to enrol into Summer courses through the link listed below. Click on "Find out when can I enrol" and a date and time will be provided. You will have access to enrolling into Summer courses anytime after your assigned date. http://www.registrar.yorku.ca/index.php
3) Are you thinking of getting a summer job? Do you have your resumes and cover letter ready to apply for jobs? Career Services offer a variety of services to help you. You can check out the Career Centre's website at: http://careers.yorku.ca/
4) Do you know that there are paid on-campus job for students who demonstrate financial needs? You can find a list of posting of these jobs on the Career Centre's online job posting system at: http://careers.yorku.ca/students-and-new-grads/looking-for-a-job/consider-a-job-on-campus/